COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATE
All you need to know about travelling abroad this Summer*
1. Check to see if you are still able to visit your holiday destination from the UK Where can I travel to right now from England?
2. Check the travel corridors with no self-isolation required on your return Which countries do not require self isolation on return to England?
3a. Check what coronavirus means for your travel insurance cover What does Coronavirus mean for my travel insurance cover? Which? recommends having the following levels of cover:
3b. Remember your European Health Insurance Card is still valid to 31 January 2021. Whilst it doesn’t replace travel insurance, it is worth checking your card is up to date - renewal is easy.
4. Invest in a Revolut or Monzo card to ‘pay like a local’ and avoid handling cash as much as possible
5. If you’re travelling in the UK, check you can travel to your destination and the local lockdown list on the gov.uk website.
1. You are strongly encouraged to check as many bags into the hold as possible and minimise hand baggage which should include a face covering, hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes
1. Book your favourite restaurants in advance – they can usually be effectively contacted via social media or email – space might be at a premium with new social distancing rules
2. Check in on-line to avoid unnecessary face to face contact at the airport
3. For track and trace purposes, you are required to prepare a passenger locator form which you must present on your arrival back into the UK. This applies to both visitors and UK residents.
4. You can prepare this on-line and save it – you cannot submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK and you are required to show your completed form when you arrive at the UK border, either by printing a copy, or showing it on your phone.
1. Social distancing systems will be in place at the airport so follow their instructions and give yourself plenty of time
1. Essential for posterity to record where you travelled post-lockdown in 2020! (And don’t forget annabel can help you pull your bespoke photobook together!)
Wherever you travel the 3 basic principles remain: wear a mask; wash your hands + social distance. Safe and happy travels everyone.
* Please note that the information contained in this blog is subject to change as and when the government publishes new guidance.